Published On: Wed, Mar 3rd, 2021

Meghan and Harry ‘victims of calculated smear campaign’ following Kensington Palace bullying claims | UK News


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have said they are the victims of a calculated smear campaign following allegations Meghan faced a bullying complaint during her time at Kensington Palace.

Lawyers for the couple have said the claims are based on “misleading and harmful misinformation”.

The Times newspaper has reported that the complaint was made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf who was then the Sussexes’ communications secretary.

The complaint claimed Meghan had allegedly driven two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member, the newspaper said.


Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during a visit to view the newly unveiled UK war memorial and Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, in Wellington
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during a visit to view the newly unveiled UK war memorial and Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, in Wellington, New Zealand October 28, 2018. Dominic Lipinski/Pool via REUTERS
Image:
The complaint claimed Meghan had allegedly driven two personal assistants out of the household

But her spokesman said: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”

There have been no comments so far from Buckingham Palace or Kensington Palace.

The allegations coms just days before Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey is due to be aired.

The two-hour special will be screened on Sunday in the US and is expected to be shown in the UK on 8 March.

The royal household will be braced for the show’s revelations as the couple discuss their life within the royal family and their exit from the working monarchy.

In clips promoting the interview, Winfrey asks Meghan if she was “silent or silenced”, with the duchess’s answer not revealed.

In response to a comment by the duchess, Winfrey asks: “Almost unsurvivable. Sounds like there was a breaking point?”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.  The photo was taken remotely by friend and photographer Misan Harriman.
Image:
The couple have now moved to the US

Harry is seen saying of his mother, Diana, while holding Meghan’s hand: “I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you, with my wife by my side, because I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been like for her (Diana), going through this process by herself, all those years ago.”

A PR expert has described the timing of the interview, with the Duke of Edinburgh currently unwell in hospital, as “horrendous”.

Public relations and crisis consultant Mark Borkowski warned Harry and Meghan are at risk of a “real reputational mess” if they go ahead with the broadcast in the US on Sunday and said it should be postponed.

Harry’s grandfather Philip, 99, spent nearly two weeks in the private King Edward VII’s Hospital before being transferred to St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Monday for tests on a pre-existing heart condition.



Source link

Most Popular News